Recipe: Stop automated emails on open support tickets.
In this recipe that uses Pipedrive, Zendesk, QuickBooks, and SharpSpring as examples, you’ll learn how to stop customer communications on open support tickets. You can substitute any of the apps for you favorite cloud app.
Stop automated emails on open support tickets, Pipedrive, Zendesk, Quickbooks and SharpSpring
While they are saving the world, don’t send poorly timed e-mail blasts or insensitive invoice reminders that ruin your customer support’s good efforts.
- Duration: between 10 and 15 minutes
- Serves happy support colleagues & delights customers
- Fills up 3 connection slots
- Tastes like raspberry pie with whipped cream
- A customer support tool like Zendesk (can be substituted for the customer support tool of your choice)
- A CRM that can attach tags to contacts, or has custom fields, like Pipedrive (can be substituted for the CRM of your choice)
- An invoicing app like Quickbooks (can be substituted for the invoicing tool of your choice)
- An e-mail marketing platform like Sharpspring (can be substituted for the email marketing tool of your choice)
- PieSync (there is no substitute)
- When a tag is manually added in Zendesk to a customer to indicate a customer support issue that is Pending, a “Stop communication” custom attribute is synced over to Pipedrive.Because you sync to a field in the CRM, it can help drive behavior in other software apps that make up your software stack, such as e-mail marketing and invoicing apps.
- Your colleagues in accounting should be informed about a customer’s status. Set up a separate sync between your CRM and your invoicing app, in this case Pipedrive and Quickbooks.While there isn’t a way to prevent invoices from being sent out, you can have the “Notes” field show what’s going on. Of course, you should use a different field if they are already using this field for different purposes!
Note that the rule comes with an “Undo” toggle: if their issues in Zendesk are resolved, your contact is eligible to receive marketing driven information again.
Enjoy your pie!
Like this recipe? Take a look at our other recipes here.